Thursday, March 20, 2008

I had my first fitting today. After hemming, tapering, bustling, a running stitch, and bra cups... I ended up paying $273! They had to hem the dress up quite a bit, even with my 4" heels, because I am not exactly tall. I have to go in for my next fitting on May 7, so hopefully everything works out. We also exchanged my sister's dress because, as it turned out, the size 2 was slightly too small.

On a very good note, I won a $25 Target gift card from The Pink Book Blog!

Okay, now on to more plans. I haven't discussed many things lately; I feel as if the planning is at a bit of a halt, however, I do have a few things already planned that I haven't mentioned. What might that be, you ask? Well, the cake, of course.

Josh and I are pretty big on symbolism, so we decided on a three-tier cake (symbolizing the past, present, and future), and we wanted round tiers. Not only that, but I wanted red flowers to match the color scheme of the wedding. White browsing theknot.com one day, I was trying to find inspiration for what was, in my mind, the perfect cake. Well, I found it!

This cake is so gorgeous, and I feel that it fits our criteria perfectly. The ribbons on the cake are actually edible. Josh's mom has a friend who is going to make our cake, and I'm hoping she can make something similar to this beauty.

We haven't decided the type of cake we'll be having, but hopefully we can figure that out within the next few weeks.

My parents have been helping quite a bit as well. Mom called several DJs the other day asking for their rates; she also called asking about tables and chairs. Everything will be coming together shortly, and the stress is finally beginning to disappear.